STEVEN TOSCHER to Moderate and Speak at the Upcoming Fifth Annual USD School of Law – RJS Law Tax Controversy Institute
We are pleased to announce that Steven Toscher will be moderating and speaking at the upcoming University of San Diego School of Law – RJS Law Tax Controversy Institute on Friday, July 17, 2020, from 10:30 am to 2:45 p.m. (PST). This year the program will be a webinar and will be complimentary for all attendees.
We have two amazing programs planned including—
“What Every Practitioner Needs to Know in Handling a Tax Controversy in the COVID-19 Environment.”
“IRS New Emphasis on Fraud Enforcement and Criminal Investigations”
We have a great line up of Government and private speakers this year including:
- The Honorable Emin Toro, Judge, United States Tax Court
- Sharyn Fisk, Director of the IRS Office of Professional Responsibility (Keynote speaker)
- Don Fort, Chief IRS Criminal Investigation
- Darren John Guillot – Deputy Commissioner for Collection and Operations Support SBSE Division, IRS
- De Lon Harris – Deputy Commissioner for Examination SBSE Division, IRS
- Damon Rowe – Executive Director, Fraud Enforcement Office, SBSE, Division, IRS
- Kathy Keneally – former Assistant Attorney General, Tax Division, U.S. DOJ, Partner, Jones Day
- Richard Carpenter, ’84 (JD) – Principal, Richard Carpenter Tax Law Office
- Lavar Taylor – Principal at Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor, LLP
- Bryan Skarlatos – Partner, Kostelanetz & Fink, LLP
- Marty Schainbaum – Former Assistant U.S. Attorney, Former IRS Regional Counsel Trial Attorney
During the program we will be presenting the Richard Carpenter Award to M. Carr Ferrguson. The award is given to individuals who personify honesty, integrity, ethics, and compassion throughout his/her careers in the field of tax controversy and have demonstrated outstanding dedication and expertise while working in the legal tax field.
For full programming details Click Here.