STEVEN TOSCHER, DENNIS PEREZ and MICHEL STEIN to Speak on Federal and California Tax Update for Individuals
We are pleased to announce that Steven Toscher, Dennis Perez and Michel Stein will be speaking at the upcoming CalCPA webinar, “Federal and California Tax Update for Individuals” on Monday, November 30, 2020, 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (PST).
Steve, Dennis and Michel will be speaking on important practice and procedural issues facing practitioners, including IRS priorities and the new emphasis on fraud investigations and referrals to the criminal investigation division.
The procedure presentation is part of the full day program covering the year’s important changes in Federal and California tax law explains new legislation and IRS and FTB guidance. Key developments from the IRS, FTB and courts are covered, along with compliance and planning lessons learned from these rulings. Due diligence considerations relevant to all new law is addressed to prepare for tax season. A tax outlook post-election is also included.
- 2020 legislation from Congress and California, including COVID-19 law changes
- Income inclusions, exclusions and deductions, including Section 199A developments.
- Property transaction updates including for virtual currency.
- Passive activities, hobby and other losses
- California major developments for individuals
- Filing status, credits and retirement plan developments
- Expiring provisions
- Tax practice and procedures presented by the Hochman Salkin Toscher Perez law firm
- Due diligence reminders
- Post-election tax outlook federal and California
Please join us. For full programming details Click Here.