STEVEN TOSCHER and MICHEL STEIN to Speak on Taxpayer Residency at an Upcoming Strafford Webinar
Steven Toscher and Michel Stein will be speaking at an upcoming presentation of the Strafford webinar Taxpayer Residency: New IRS Examination Guidance, Navigating Federal and State Tax Residency Rules scheduled for Tuesday, December 18th, 10:00 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. PST/1:00 p.m. to 2:50 p.m. EST.
This webinar will guide tax professionals and advisers on recent IRS examination guidance and state tax law issues regarding taxpayer residency. The panel will discuss federal and state tax residency rules, new residency and allocation issues, U.S. income tax treaties, available tax planning techniques, managing nonresident audits, and overcoming state regulatory challenges.
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Recognizing the importance of both citizenship and residence in determining tax liabilities of individuals
- Purposes of income tax treaties and their applicability
- Common residency provisions and tiebreakers for dual residents
- Allocating income between jurisdictions
- Principal items targeted by state regulatory authorities
- California tax residency rules and guidelines
- New York domicile test and primary factors in determining tax residency
- Dual-residency issues with non-personal income tax states
- Preparation for nonresident audits
- Current planning techniques and best practices for tax professionals
After our presentation, they will engage in a live question and answer session with participants so we can answer your questions about these important issues.
We hope you’ll join us.
For more information or to register:
Or call 1-800-926-7926
Ask for Taxpayer Residency: New IRS Examination Guidance on 12/18/2018
Mention code: ZDFCA