Our Firm Jonathan Kalinski
Jonathan Kalinski specializes in both civil and criminal tax controversies as well as sensitive tax matters including disclosures of previously undeclared interests in foreign financial accounts and assets and provides tax advice to taxpayers and their advisors throughout the world. He handles both Federal and state tax matters involving individuals, corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and trusts and estates.
Mr. Kalinski has considerable experience handling complex civil tax examinations, administrative appeals, and tax collection matters. Prior to joining the firm, he served as a trial attorney with the IRS Office of Chief Counsel litigating Tax Court cases and advising Revenue Agents and Revenue Officers on a variety of complex tax matters. Jonathan Kalinski also previously served as an Attorney-Adviser to the Honorable Juan F. Vasquez of the United States Tax Court.
- American Bar Young Lawyers Division Association, Section of Taxation
- Civil and Criminal Tax Penalties Committee
- California State Bar Association, Taxation Section
- Los Angeles Young Tax Lawyers (Board Member)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Taxation Section
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Taxation Section
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit
- New York University (LL.M. in Taxation)
- Loyola Law School (J.D.)
- University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A., Political Science, Minor in History)