STEVEN TOSCHER to Speak at Upcoming ABA Webinar
We are pleased to announce that Steven Toscher along with Sara Neill, Peter Poulos and Charles Wien will be speaking at the upcoming ABA “Reportable Transactions for Estate Planners” on Tuesday, August 30, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (PST).
This esteemed panel of tax professionals will address reportable transactions for estate planners. Panelists will identify current reportable transactions, categories of reportable transactions, and the implications for estate planners and their clients when participating in a reportable transaction. Among the issues to be addressed are the following:
- Why do estate planners need to know about reportable transactions?
- How should an estate planner approach a variation of a reportable transaction?
- How can an estate planner unwittingly become a “material advisor” and why does this status matter?
- What if an estate planner’s client wishes to proceed with a transaction for which the planner is uncertain as to the tax position?
- What is the role of the new Office of Promoter Investigations?
- Recent case law pertaining to reportable transactions.