STEVEN TOSCHER, DENNIS PEREZ and CORY STIGILE to Speak on High Net Worth Audits
We are pleased to announce that Steven Toscher, Dennis Perez, and Cory Stigile will be speaking at an upcoming Spidell webinar, “High Net Worth Audits” on Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PST
The Global High Wealth Group is an industry group created by the IRS LB&I in 2009. The purpose of the Global High Wealth Group (also known as the “Wealth Squad”) is to bring together an IRS team of specialists to conduct detailed examinations of complex returns of high wealth individuals and their related entities. The IRS recently updated the Internal Revenue Manual governing high wealth audits and is poised to start the examination of hundreds of high net worth taxpayers this year. These examinations will typically involve pass-through businesses, related trusts, foreign holdings, tiered partnerships, and related tax-exempt organizations.
The program’s learning objectives include:
- Understanding the Global High Wealth Group audit program
- Learn strategies to minimize risk from Global High Wealth Group audits
- Master techniques in handling and advising clients examined by the Global High Wealth Group
We anticipate that attendees will:
- Better understand the “Wealth Squad” examination process
- Know what foreign and domestic audits issues will be scrutinized during a “Wealth Squad” examination
- Decipher “Wealth Squad” document requests and summonses
- More easily identify key strategies to minimize exposure from a “Wealth Squad” examination
Please join us. For full programming details Click Here.