MICHEL STEIN to speak on FBAR Reporting / Cryptocurrency – What You Need To Know
We are pleased to announce that Michel Stein will be presenting at an upcoming CalCPA Channel Islands Chapter Ventura CPA discussion group on FBAR Reporting / Cryptocurrency – What You Need To Know Wednesday, January 30, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. PST at Carrows Restaurant, 2401 Harbor Blvd., Ventura – (805) 642-3780.
Mr. Stein will update the accounting community in tax reporting of foreign financial assets and cryptocurrency issues. Find out what has changed…or could change tomorrow and will advise attendees on disclosures regarding foreign account and asset compliance matters.
Learn important Tax Law and Reporting Responsibilities related to assets held in foreign countries, and similar issues related to Cryptocurrency.
Gain knowledge of disclosures related to assets held in foreign countries, and Cryptocurrency.
Understand the specific disclosures required related to assets held in foreign countries, and Cryptocurrency.
• What are the limitations on loss recognition on cryptocurrency transactions and exchanges?
• What are the income tax-reporting requirements for cryptocurrency exchanges and valuations?
• What position does IRS appear to be taking on whether cryptocurrency exchanges qualify for 1031 treatment, and the impact of the newly enacted Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017?
• What is the likely impact of the recent enforcement of the IRS “John Doe” summons to Coinbase?
• What are the disclosure requirements for cryptocurrency ownership?
• How to use the IRS Voluntary Disclosure policy to get into compliance and the availability of “qualified amended returns” to avoid penalties?
To Register Click Here